Social media has become one of the best tools for brands to engage with their customers. Whether it is through tweets, videos, or photo posts, social media platforms hve allowed for businesses to find their voice and “humanize” themselves to consumers. Over 3.5 billion people are on social media, which makes it a must for any modern brand.
However, if you’re a brand aiming to get a social media presence, it is not ideal to start too big and use all platforms at once. The smartest move to make is selecting one or two platforms to establish your presence in, and after gathering a large enough following, move on to others.
Selecting which social media platform to be a part of is not as hard as it might seem. First, think about your business goals and what type of relationship you want to build with your customer base. After identifying your overarching goal, it’s time to select which platform will help you accomplish it.
We’ve got you covered
To make the process easier, we’ve created a chart in which we break down the top capabilities of the four biggest social platforms in the industry: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Bellow, we share some more key insights on each platform. (Tap to expand and save)
- Facebook is the market leader when it comes to social media platforms. According to Oberlo, over two thirds of US adults alone are on Facebook. This makes it an ideal outlook to reach older consumers.
- SmartInsights reports that Facebook continues to become the fastest growing social platform,
- There are over 9M active advertisers on FB, which makes it a great and dynamic platform to use if you’re looking to spend ad dollars.
- 98.3% of Facebook users access the platform on mobile devices, so it’s important to make all content mobile friendly.
- Out of more than 1B monthly active users on Instagram, the biggest demographic are women 18-24 years old. This makes the platform useful if you’re aiming to reach individuals who thrive by word-of-mouth purchases, such as influencers (it is the biggest platform to use if you’re looking to collaborate with influencers).
- One of the top features Instagram includes are stories. Stories allow for you to tell stories or share products in an extended, yet more organic, manner. Statista reports that the usage of stories increased from 150M to 500M just between 2017 and 2019, growing even more in the last few years.
- Facebook For Business report that 83% of people use Instagram to discover new products and services and 87% said they took specific action, like making a purchase, after seeing product information on the platform.
- Twitter is a great platform to use if you’re aiming to start conversations with consumers. 71% of users are likely to recommend a product or service to a friend if they have a positive experience on social, which is where Twitter comes in. If you can have meaningful conversations on this platform, answering questions and building trust, this loyalty is achieved.
- Use hashtags! According to an article published by Twitter, tweets with hashtags perform 100% better. They add an element that is quickly related to your brand and voice.
- Despite having decreased in usage by 10% in 2020, Twitter remains one of the top-of-mind platforms when it comes to looking for recommendations, look for potential product issues, and simply want to learn more about a brand’s personality.
- As of January 2021, in a report published by SproutSocial, YouTube is the second social platform with the biggest usage. Over 2M individuals log on and search for video content, every day!
- 54% of people prefer video advertisements before purchasing a product, which makes YouTube a crucial platform to have a strategy on.
- If looking to promote a product that requires the help of children (children are great in terms of persuading parents), YouTube is crucial. 74% of 8-15 year olds use YouTube on the daily, which make it great for strategic ad placements.
Need help with your brand’s social media presence?
If interested in learning more about how Vuepoint Agency can help your company take its social media presence to the next level, contact us here, or call (210) 858-7295.