When planning digital marketing ads, starting with the product and audience is crucial before setting your ad goals. But the next step, choosing Facebook versus Google, is made more accessible when you know the strengths of each in every part of the sales funnel.
When reviewing these two platforms, there are some basic things to consider:
- Ad Goals
- Audiences’ Persona
- Sales Funnel
We share an in-depth comparison of both ad platforms and give you steps to help you evaluate how you can use them for your business through the following blog.
A good marketing tip is to start with goal setting. There are multiple tools available to help you conduct research and come up with goals for your digital marketing ads. These tools can help set a budget and forecast demand for a product or service to help develop the goals and strategy to achieve growth with digital marketing.
Some of the most commonly used research tools include:
Personas built right make ad messaging, graphic design, and calls to action easier to create and align with on-page SEO. Full funnel ads using Personas help the advertising dollars go further on Facebook and Google since algorithms prefer advertisements that provide a good experience and relevant content.
Similarly to the goal-setting stage, there are multiple resources with helpful information on building personas:
After completing the research and creating a list of goals, the next step is to evaluate advertisements placement on Facebook versus Google. The key to producing results is to create an impactful digital ad strategy choosing the right ad platforms that target the entire sales funnel.
Digital Marketing Ads: Google VS Facebook
Awareness Ads – Top of the Sales Funnel
Search Engine Optimization on your website can work together will Google Advertising to bring your audience to high converting pages.
- Tailoring ads to match on-page keywords helps achieve high page placement for organic search results, lowers the cost of paid ads, and generates higher conversion rates.
- The landing pages work to improve your organic results and make your paid ads display to target audiences more often.
Building awareness of your product, service, or brand with Facebook ads will reach a new, broad audience.
- Be the first to get through all the online chatter and noise with a message that matters since the first found product or solution sets the standard.
- Facebook’s large and engaged audience provides multiple views for your ads even though it’s difficult to measure the return on investment in some cases.
- Facebook ads can help drive engagement on the platform, produce viral shares that provide high conversion rates and many organic impressions saving time and money for the brand.
Preference Ads – Middle of the Sales Funnel
Establish a preference for a brand by being on top of the page for searches for the best product or service fitting future needs with Google Ads.
- It takes time to establish trust, and using a combination of paid search and display ads on Google ad networks helps tell the brand story.
- Google ads are seen multiple times, creating a preference and establishing the brand as the leader while staying top of mind.
Build preference for your brand in a way that Google does not by reaching an otherwise unreachable audience with Facebook Ads.
- Facebook ads build preference by increasing impressions and brand trust with advertisements that don’t require engagement every time.
- Facebook ads tell a story about the brand in a memorable way that motivates the audience to learn more about the brand.
Conversions Ads – Bottom of the Sales Funnel
Google paid search
Still, the best way to reach audiences online is when they’re ready to buy is with Google Paid Search ads.
- But not only that, it’s the place to test different ads where results and insights can provide a clear picture to help optimize the conversion message everywhere.
- Google paid search is perfect for being in the right place at the right time with the right message.
- Conversion Ads on Google have a much lower cost than Facebook in general and tend to have the highest measurable ROAS.
Facebook Retargeting ads
A safe bet for conversions as the audience has already engaged with the brand or product elsewhere with Facebook Retargeting ads.
- Retargeting Ads on Facebook drive traffic back into the purchase funnel, showcase a message that can reach the exact audience in a highly effective but passive way.
- They may not click it, but not putting the message in front of this engaged audience is a lost opportunity to increase overall conversions.
The final way to maximize a brand’s return on ad spend is to test into both of these ad platforms. If you’d like help managing ads for your product or service, give us a call to learn how to help.