Reworking landing pages provides the opportunity to increase conversions and is a great place to start optimization of customer and prospect brand experience. Through this tactic, the goal is to decrease friction in the brand experience, since this is the #1 cause of people abandoning forms.
This blog will guide you through understanding how to make sure as many people as possible finish providing correct personal information in the forms provided on ad campaigns, landing pages, and company websites.
Understanding Contact Forms
A well-written contact form is a prime method for ensuring no important communication is missed. A prospective customer or vendor can ask questions via a website form without using the phone, and having a contact form on the main page helps keep the prospect on the website while also providing links to FAQs and recent blogs. A contact form will also reduce spam to the company’s email since it replaces email contact info on the website.
For new forms, setting up a contact form on any website is possible using the different plugins available for just about every platform. Automating the information and the data collected by emailing operations or sales to follow up quickly ensures no important communication is missed. It can also be used as a form on Landing pages
Lead Generation Form
One of the top forms to help convert prospects to leads is the lead generation form. The campaign experience takes a prospect lead from the ad to a specially built landing page to collect each lead’s info, enabling quick follow-up.
The form on the landing page collects data and sends it to sales to get a callback or provides the links to buy products or services immediately. These lead generation forms usually gather names and phone numbers only because many people would rather communicate via text. A call center representative closes a sale instead of through a digital experience. The lead generation form is famous for landing pages advertising digital products such as curated monthly clothes boxes or online subscriptions such as pet insurance. It’s not limited to low-cost shopping either since car dealerships use it to connect salespeople for each online car inquiry.
Email Newsletter Sign-Up.
Although this is mainly considered a branding type form, it does enhance sales because it builds company email lists—past buyers who signed up for newsletters or new interested prospects who’ve not yet made a purchase. The form can ask for an email and the prospective customer’s phone number and name. After the form has been filled out and submitted, a confirmation tells them their data was collected and provides links to different products or services. The confirmation experience can enhance sales by offering various links depending on the source of the prospect.
Checklist of best practices to consider when building a form.
- Overall, the goal is a frictionless experience: there can’t be any reason someone stops filling out the Form.
- Keep it short; only 5 to 7 data cells will contain personal info at the maximum.
- Only make a portion of the forms mandatory, so building your database with the correct information is better than no data. Long forms cause people to abandon the form.
- Make it clear what each cell in the form should include with formatting that makes it easier and faster to complete, such as calendars or a list of states.
- The form should work on mobile. Creating landing pages and forms for mobile-first is one of the best practices recommended.
- Include a confirmation page or pop-up window so that the person can see that the submission has been successful. It’s also an opportunity to provide links. This is the only place containing links that will not interrupt the flow.
- During the confirmation experience, add the following steps, such as an email and links to other products or services they might be interested in viewing.
- Second, there has to be an attractive offer for the trade of personal information.
- Third need to be sure you gather the correct info based on your goal and what is the next step
- Fourth, get approval to market to them using their personal information if it is in a form, that means you have to give them what you promised and nothing more, nothing less.
- Finally, the placement of the form and the experience on the landing page must be considered to make sure that there are no distractions to completing the form. This is why there is no menu on a landing page. This is also why the confirmation page is the only place to add links!
Forms also screen prospective vendors and provide an opportunity to add to the e-newsletter database with people who have a general interest. It has become one of the expected ways to communicate 24/7 with potential clients and can be used to start the conversation. It is also a tool for generating leads for sales.