We’ve reached 2022 and it’s time to start fresh. As a business, you should always begin the new year by revisiting your past goals, analyzing what worked, and creating a new marketing plan for the year. Reviewing your marketing strategy for the previous and new year’s will help keep you and your team on track to meet goals and take advantage of new opportunities.
We share our top tips for creating a phenomenal marketing plan for 2022.
What to Include in Your Marketing Plan
The Balance defines a marketing plan as “a roadmap for introducing and delivering your product or service to potential customers. It does not need to be lengthy, and it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money to complete, but it will take some research and effort.”
An annual marketing plan helps keep businesses in check with their objectives for the year and make sure that they’re reaching it, or help them better understand why they’re not. It is an excellent tool to define your business’s success. A marketing plan typically includes:
- A clear way to define your audience
- An in-depth SWOT Analysis (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) for your business and market.
- A Competitor Analysis of your top competitors (Can include an audit and SWOT for them)
- A Social Media and Marketing Platform Audit
- A section for setting goals and KPIs
- An area to define tactics
- An established budget for the year
Review the Last Year
If you wrote a marketing plan in 2021, it’s time to bring it back out and go through it with your marketing team. In marketing, it’s always important to take time to analyze what type of marketing you’ve performed in the past and how it has worked, this way you can stop wasting time and money on things that don’t work, and instead focus on areas that do.
After you’ve deeply assessed your company, it comes time to look at the previous year’s results and trends, and start using them as metrics for the new year’s goals. Start by asking questions such as:
- Which marketing activities were effective?
- Which marketing activities were not effective?
- Is the core message of your business still the same? Are you offering any new or different products or services?
- Did you stay in budget or go over/under?
- What are the areas you’d like to grow more this year? Is it lead generation or brand recognition? Is it ranking higher on Google or getting more followers on social media?
- Which platforms attracted the most engagement? Which ones attracted the least?
- Should you reallocate resources to other marketing tools or tactics?
- Have you made any changes to your branding that might affect the new year’s plan?
Pick Your Focus
As business owners, you sometimes want to tackle it all when it comes to marketing. This is not possible, or sometimes it’s possible but it does not provide the same quality results. Take some time to analyze all of your marketing plan data and make specific choices on what type of marketing you want to invest your efforts in. Some types of marketing include:
- Social Media: Based on your company’s social audit, decide what social platforms would help you adequately reach your target audience. Whether it’s Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or TikTok, there will always be one that will work best for you. Once you select your platform you’ll be able to create a detailed plan with strategies to follow and metrics you want to reach. It’s always important to stay up to date with trends to better execute these strategies.
- Paid Ads: In the present, the digital world is everything. When doing any type of marketing you should consider having digital ads running for your business. Whether it is through Google AdWords or Social Media Advertising such as on Facebook and Instagram, it can help you put some money behind getting to the right target.
- Video Marketing: Video has become one of the most popular ways of sharing marketing content, especially on Youtube and Social Media. It does take more time and resources to produce high-quality video content, but if this tactic produces more ROI, it might as well be pursued.
Let Vuepoint help with your Marketing Goals!
If you don’t know where to start regarding your marketing goals, don’t panic. At Vuepoint Agency, we can help you create a marketing plan oriented to reaching your business goals. Get started by calling us at (210) 858-7295 or filling out our contact form on our website.